Friday, August 30, 2019

Street Party in the Northern City

Who would have thought a faraway City would have a street party as fun as the photos posted below.






Okay, first and foremost I love going to parties because this is a great time to catch up with families, relatives and friends and of course get to know new people but mind you, I ‘m not a partyholic. Well, maybe there was a time in my life that I was, but I believe going to bars on weekends and getting drunk is out of my system anymore, though I still hangout with friends and not considering myself as antisocial.




Okay were getting off the topic here. Last few weeks, there was a street party at hubby’s small City because it is the start of the preparation for the cities fiesta. The fiesta falls every 3rd Sunday of September and this year the fiesta falls on September 16, 2012.

Annually the city of Danao in the northern part of Cebu has this tradition called “Sinugdan” where in there is a parade of the hat of the patron saint of the CIty “Santo Tomas de Villanueva” (St. Thomas of Villanueva). The parade is called “The torch parade”.

Before, people attending the parade brings torches with them but today look at what they have.

Vehicles that contain huge drums and even a whole band, truck turned disco mobile and truck turned into a disco pub.

As what I have seen, everybody is enjoying dancing in the street.

Happy Fiesta St. Thomas of Villanueva.

No comments: